Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt: Review

The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt is about 17-year-old Holly Nolan who acquires ownership of her Grandfather's Vegas wedding chapel after he passes away. Not only is she shocked by her sudden ownership of the business, but she also learns that the place is much more "in the hole" than anyone expected, and it's up to her to save it.
Next door to the business sits another wedding chapel owned by her Grandfather's long-time nemesis...and things get even more complicated when said nemesis' super handsome Grandson, Dax, comes into the picture.
Before I go any further with this review, how fun does this sound? I, personally, have never read a book about a teenager trying to save a wedding chapel while also dealing with the whole Romeo & Juliet romance with the competition's grandson. When I read this synopsis I was immediately interested. Also, seeing Lindsey Leavitt's name on the cover sure didn't hurt. I recently read Going Vintage by Lindsey as well, and my friends can tell you I gushed about it for quite some time after I read it.
There is something infinitely charming about Lindsey Leavitt's writing that just keeps you coming back for more.
I had so much fun going along this journey with the characters as they tried to save the chapel. This book was pretty hilarious, and I had a smile on my face 90% of the time...however that is not to say that this book didn't have its serious moments, because it did, and it had me feeling for the characters in those moments of grief and disappointment as well.
Simply put, I adored this book for many reasons. It was cute, funny, unique, and just so much fun.
If you like contemporary, pick it up.
If you like a story that is different & a breath of fresh air in YA, pick it up.
If you like witty, relatable, and realistically-flawed characters, pick it up.
Basically what I'm saying is, just pick it up.

I give this book 4.5 Moths...for Dax's sake...no species racism here! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated! :)